Everything Fitness & Beauty


Friday, November 5, 2010

THE WARRIOR DASH !!

HOW IT ALL BEGAN..... AND WILL CONTINUE

Ok, so let me start out by saying that I am in no way a runner (although I'd love to be) but was looking for an exciting way to challenge my physical and mental abilities this year. So as anyone would do, you start training with certain goals in mind.

As life would have it, just like in races, there were many obstacles that got in my way to make the journey a little more "exciting?" (LOL).  Let's just say, the everyday demands of life and then add on not my best health year. Thankfully nothing serious, but just small annoyances that frequently took me away from my regular training schedule...... so there very MANY HIGH TIMES...... and MANY MORE LOW TIMES. But as the old cliche says.... "what doesn't kill you- makes you stronger".

So after an October battle with a serious chest cold, followed by a month or so visits to the Cardiologist, I found myself in my "bigger clothes-" (we all have them) and lacking motivation to get back into my gym routine.  This was then followed by other annoying (and thankfully MINOR) doctors visits (stitches a couple of times and culminating with a foot surgery) that felt like every time I was making progress with my fitness regime, I was quickly pulled back out of the gym (an putting on those darn big clothes again).

The good that came out of all of this is that it made me MAD & realize HOW LUCKY I AM TO HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THIS THINGS... and to NEVER TAKE A MOMENT FOR GRANTED........ and so begins my journey into extra training and finding joy in everything that I do.

THE WARRIOR DASH 2010
Ok- that's enough talking for now.. I'm going to let the pictures and videos do most of the talking.....It's one of the best things that I have EVER done.. and I plan to make it a yearly event of mine.